Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 139 (Fridy, August 29th) - Vt. 14 to Hanover, N.H.

Today's Miles: 9.90
Trip Miles: 1743.20


I got up early and decided to skip breakfast. I was renting a car for a few days' R&R at home and wanted to get to Hanover. It was one of the easiest hiking days I've had. A little rolly, but nothing too bad, and at the end, a lot of road walking.

Half way to Hanover, I met Rot Mann and we hiked together into town. It was nice to see him again; I enjoy his company. We stopped at a general store in Norwich, Vt., so he could get a gas canister. The store was nuts; they had everything from stuffed toys to homemade cheese. Afterward we crossed the Connecticut River and entered state # 13: New Hampshire. I'm only an hour and forty-five minutes from home.

We went to Lou's for breakfast and I called for a ride to get my car. Rote Mann went with me so I could take him to EMS in West Lebanon to get a new backpack. His old one was coming apart at the seams.

I dropped him off in Hanover and headed home. A little time to rest the knees before the Whites.

A little steep, but rockless
Look up for webs
Rote Mann at VT/NH
VT/NH


No comments :

Post a Comment