Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day 120 (Sunday, August 10th) - Bulls Bridge Road 1455.8 to Silver Hill Campsite

Today's Miles: 17.70
Trip Miles: 1473.50


Thanks for the visit, Amy!

Some roller coaster hills after being dropped off at the trail. I hiked along the Connecticut/New York border for a while before entering Ct. for good. There were some nice views and lots of streams. I met Good and Plenty from West Brookfield, Ma. We had met at the Deli the other day. She's meeting a friend in Kent and doing some slack-packing tomorrow. I hope we meet again, a very nice young lady.

It seemed to take forever to get to the road into Kent. I had miscalculated the mileage [how unlike me] by a mile and a half. Oops! When I got to the road I turned on my phone and saw that I had messages from M and N. They had come back to the trail a couple of days ago after Mike's blisters had a chance to heal over. I'd been chasing them ever since, knowing that Natalie would be hiking slowly until she got her hiking legs back. Unfortunately, she just can't seem to get her energy back and is leaving the trail. Mike's not sure what he's going to do. Mary [Mike's Mom] is going to pick either one, or both up in Salisbury Ct. tomorrow. I should get there sometime in the afternoon.

I met Rote Mann at the road coming back to the trail from Kent. He had spent the night there. We hiked together for a bit, then I moved on. When I stopped for water at a stream further down the trail I heard someone behind me and looked up to see Dandelion and her dog Zodiac. They both looked terrific. I hadn't seen them in quite a long time, maybe back in Pennsylvania. They moved out ahead of me, but I caught up to them at St. John's Ledges. We hiked together for a while after that and we were joined by Rote Mann who had caught up.

When we got to the Stewart Hollow Brook Shelter, Dandelion stopped to eat while Rote Mann and I hiked on. We went another 3.5 miles to the Spring Hill Campsite. It was really nice, there was a pavilion with benches where you could cook, a nice wooden swing and a pump that drew water from a New Hampshire aquifer 375' underground; according to the ridge runner who was there.

While we were eating, Hat Trick came in. Wow, old home week seeing him and Dandelion in the same day. He's going to night-hike tonight since there is a full moon. No thanks, I'll do my hiking by sunlight. Meteors tonight if I stay awake, but I'm beat and want to make Salisbury tomorrow, 22.2 miles away, to hopefully see the kids.

Bye For Now.  

Back to the trail after a zero day with The Administrator
The trail
Good and Plenty


No comments :

Post a Comment