Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 121 (Monday, August 11th) - Silver Hill Campsite to Salisbury, CT

Today's Miles: 22.20
Trip Miles: 1495.70


I tried a sleep supplement last night called Somnapure. It has melatonin and other natural sleep inducing herbs. It worked well for me. I got eight hours; nice!

I headed out for Salisbury hoping to catch M and N before Natalie left for Quincy. I know Mike said he wasn't sure what he was going to do, but I thought he'd probably keep hiking until Mt. Greylock. I'm sorry Natalie has to leave the trail, I know how much she wanted to complete it and I was looking forward to catching up to them to hike together again. She's strong and tough and a goof and I love her. Considering she was told she wouldn't get a hundred miles with her bad feet, bad knees, her inhaler, and her allergies, I'd say she's done pretty damn well. See you when I get home.

I didn't take much of an opportunity to look around today; I was too intent on getting where I was going. I did pass Hat Trick who was resting after his night hike and I passed J, the guy who had run Boston this year and who I had last seen in Harper's Ferry. He said he'd taken 10 zeroes as well, with time off in Washington D.C. over the fourth and in NYC for a few days. The rest of the day I passed only SOBOs.

I stopped to eat in Falls Village at a place called The Mountainside Cafe. I didn't see it listed in AWOL's Guide, but it was good. You get to it by cutting through a trail across from the High School up to Rte. 7, look left and there it is. Great burger, better milkshake.

After lunch I put my head down and marched to Salisbury where I saw Mike standing on the trail. I had missed Natalie and Mary by minutes. Mike had brought me some beers from town [Thanks, Mike!] which I enjoyed before we hiked off into the woods where we set up camp. It looks like there's rain in the future. We'll see how we do.

TTFN

Swing at Silver Hill Campsite
Someone's yard, Falls Village, CT 
The views are back
Self explanatory
The view from Billy's View

No comments :

Post a Comment