Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 90 (Friday, July 11th) - 1180.4 to 1202.3

Today's Miles: 21.90
Trip Miles: 1202.30


First pair down at 1200 miles; not bad
Even though the rain ended early last night everything still feels damp. There's not many things worse
on the trail than putting on damp clothes in the morning. With the high humidity today, nothing ever got dry.
I've decided Pennsylvania is the pits. Mike says I'm just miserable because of my sore feet and he's probably right. This is not a good place to hike with aching feet and tired shoes.

We hiked out early to get to get close to Hamburg. We need to get there before the P.O. closes at noon Saturday. We saw Duck and VooDoo again. Duck is going off trail for a couple of days so we won't see him for a while.

Today was kind of boring, not counting the fall I took in a boulder field. A slight slip of a trekking pole and "down goes Frazier". I don't think there's any real damage; bumped both shins and split my knee. Maybe I'll try a walker instead of poles. There was one nice view in twelve hours of hiking. It clouded over after lunch and was just drizzmal. Wet and dark and dreary. A day to trudge through.

We put in 21.9 miles and will still have to quick hike to make the P.O. in time tomorrow. The three of us will be looking for new shoes at the Cabella's there. Finally a big outfitter. I hope they have my size. I don't even care about the brand if they fit well.

TTFN
Natalie and a Tauntaun tree
Site of the Fort Dietrich Snyder lookout post
1200 miles

No comments :

Post a Comment