Saturday, April 12, 2014

The trip to Dahlonega

We arrived at the Hiker Hostle in Dahlonega ( I've been mispronouncing it all this time, it's Daa lon egah, accent on the second syllable) at about 1:30 p.m. I went up to the bunk to try and rest while Mike hung out downstairs gabbing with people. You know Mike, such a people person. He lasted about ten minutes and came up and got me to go for a walk. It actually helped with the jitters I've been fighting.
 
I don't think there's any way to get ready for this hike. You can read about it, you can do practice hikes but, unless long distance hiking is what you do for a living, there's going to be a long training period at the start. I hope that by taking my time and looking at the first few weeks as a series of day hikes, I'll figure things out. Here's hoping.

1 comment :

  1. Good luck, John and Mike! Sounds like an incredible adventure and I look forward to reading your blogs! Hope the two dads are doing better!

    ReplyDelete