Sunday, April 20, 2014

Day 8 (Sunday, April 20th) - Easter Sunday

Today's Miles: 11.80  
Trip Miles: 69.60

Found the perfect shelter
We hiked twelve miles today. There were some rough spots for both of us. I think maybe we hit a bit of a wall. We were having difficulty where we didn't think we should at this point.

We made more stops along the way than usual. Partly because of the terrain. There must have been more than a dozen rises over the course of the day. We took snack breaks and water breaks and just plain I'm tired breaks. We still managed the twelve miles in six and half hours.

It was warm today, in the 70's. We had to put on sun screen. I think we'll be investing in sunglasses.

We got to the campsite at about two. I got a fire going and Mike went the half mile round trip for water. We had a tasty pasta side for dinner, yum. If all goes well we should be in North Carolina tomorrow.

I asked Mike if he had anything to add to the blog.
He said, "No."

Sunset at unnamed campsite



3 comments :

  1. Keep up the good work John and Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twelve miles is pretty impressive! I'm sure a good rest will give you both a second wind! Totally enjoying the daily updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the night that I met Mike and John!!! I was terrified of them. Mike was doing sit ups and push ups and John was walking around shirtless and offered the use of their fire...I quietly declined and camped as far away as I possibly could...I had no idea how awesome my life was about to get! (awwwwwww)

    My trail note for that day: Bear bagging was rough...hope my food is fine...a dad and son here at the campsite. So nice to not be alone :) 1 mile today ;)

    ReplyDelete