Thursday, April 24, 2014

4/24/14 - update from Amy

I hadn't heard from John since Sunday, but he gave me a call yesterday afternoon. They had reached 100 miles! This morning they plan on getting a ride into Franklin, NC, a popular spot for thru-hikers to re-supply, and maybe take a "zero day" (i.e. no miles; a resting day). I expect that when they're settled in a motel and are connected to wifi, I'll be getting John's updates so I can get the posts back up to date. I'm also working on a map to show their progress, so stay tuned!

Sarah is taking a little time off from work and will drive out to meet them today (270 miles from Nashville, about 4 1/2 hrs). She baked them chocolate chip cookies, which I'm sure they'll devour! It's great that she's "so close," and I'm glad her work is allowing her the time off, especially on such short notice (as John says, "You can't really make plans out here"). Safe travels, Sarah! ♥

-Amy

No comments :

Post a Comment