Friday, April 25, 2014

Day 13 (Friday, April 25th) - Zero in Franklin

Today's Miles: 0.00 
Trip Miles: 109.80

Sarah, Mike, Natalie and I shared a room at the Sapphire Inn. Not the best place I've ever stayed. It was short money, but I don't recommend it even on the cheap. We did get a chance to clean up and do laundry. I also had the opportunity to give the foot a rest.

We got breakfast at Miss Lois' for the second time. It was good and the prices were reasonable. We also made a second visit to Mulligan's because Wayne, Tracy and some other hikers were going there. It was great to catch up with them again.

We met Mike Byrd, who knew Wayne through a Google Plus site about the AT. Mike's a writer and has an interest for the AT and thru hiking. He lives in the area and tries to catch up with hikers as they pass through Franklin.

Got a chance to Skype with Amy on Sarah's iPad. She's been working on the blog and making this effort easy for me. All I have to do is walk and write; she takes care of the hard part.
We picked up our resupply and are anxious to get back on the trail. We needed the break, but maybe not such a long one. We'll try for Wayah Bald Shelter tomorrow.

Goodnight all.

2 comments :

  1. LOVE your blog!! Can't get enough and...can't wait for more. It was great meeting you and your family (and Natalie too, which I'm sure will soon feel like family). It's fantastic you get to do this as a father/son team. And thanks for the mention! Let me know if you're ever back in the Franklin area. Happy trails!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a nice day to be able to rest...although Mike and I walked all around Franklin, so I don't think we really rested much! Ha. Mike bought a Haggis whistle and that about encompasses the awesomeness of the day off in Franklin.

    Trail notes: Day 21: doing laundry equals wearing a bandanna as a shirt. Scottish museum, book store, neck feathers aka nest feathers...

    ReplyDelete